Wednesday, September 30, 2009

TestIndex on Android emulator now also with BerkeleyDB

It's taken a bit longer time than I had expected to get some TestIndex results for BerkeleyDB on Android. A while back I had a running version up and running, but managed somehow to messup the serialization part, so I had to create a new version from scratch that does not use serialization. Instead I used BerkeleyDB's custom TuppleBinding which gives somewhat better performance than serilization. I hope to soon be able to post results using serilization as well, to compare the difference in performance. I will also do some research into the other database management systems that I have tested to see if they have similar optimalizations that can be used.


Results from the test in milliseconds.


Perst-Emu
SQLite-Emu
DB4O-Emu
BerkeleyDB-Emu
insert
15158
72426
46648
55698
search
12480
100528
290541
37612
iterate
8365
5157
51335
29484
delete
25100
65498
93396
100455





No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment